CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 30, 2009

red carpet chicettes

I love the awards season. I know i'm so not apart of it but that doesn't stop me from looking forward to it. Actually, i like watching the red carpet event rather than the real event itself. I'm sure you all know why...it's because of the opulent display of fashion, the luxurious dresses, the presence (or absence of style in some cases). So in this post, i'm going to lay out my top picks thus far - from the Golden Globes to the SAG award.

This Yves Saint Laurent number is absolutely my #1 pick. Kate looks extremely gorgeous and well put-together. The thing about this creation that i love so much is the unique strapless design. And the belt is just perfect, it totally complements the whole dress. Everything from her hair, to her makeup, to her shoes were ideal.



My #2 choice - This Atelier Versace dress worn by Angelina. I like the fact that shs's channeling the grecian look but with an edge. She has this skinny and sort-of fragile frame, so this dress gives her the balance that she needs. I like the long slit up front and her shoes. They go together really well.




Kyra Sedgwick is my #3 selection in this vintage Chanel number. I like the contrast between the black and white, i think it's very chic and elegant. The Fred Leighton necklace is just the right accessory; definitely in harmony with the dress and her hair. She exudes confidence, class, and beauty.





Penelope really outdid herself in this velvet creation by Azzedine Alaia. She looks incredible in the high halter-neck design that shows off her amazing posture. This Alaia dress stood out because of its different fabric as well as the fresh new neckline.

"Before any award red carpet event are weeks of beauty torture"

0 comments: