Rumors. Speculations. Tittle-tattle. Conjecture. Where does it all begin? I have now confirmed my thoughts on the matters of which you would want to keep them private. Even if you thought sharing it among a couple of your closest pals or confidants to be completely harmless and undiscovered, think again.
I myself have committed this mistake time and time again, and yet I don't know why I am still vulnerable to it. It is utterly illogical come to think of it for I should be able to avoid it due to my familiarity with it. I knew that I should have kept it to myself instead of blurting it out to so-and-so. Well to my defense, I thought that the miles of open ocean that separates us was a pretty safe bet. However, that was all it took to be the impetus of my revealing to the other important individual what I have been hiding and pushing towards the back of my head for quite some time now. Funny enough, the person kind of knew about it already and only waiting for my confirmation of which I happily handed over. Then again, so-and-so probably would not have come to the conclusion him or herself if it wasn't for me who vented my frustration on the matter lately.
I don't have the slightest idea as to why I chose the timing to be at present. I could handle it perfectly for months prior to this sudden occurence. Why did I have to lose my cool when I was holding on to my veneer so nicely? Ugh. This is why I dislike admitting something verbally or written because once the admission is complete, you can't rewind it and take it back because it's slowly making its way to be believable and warranted. Hence, it becomes true which will find its way to make itself known to the public as a mere heresay pending verification at the slight slip on my part via actions, spoken words, facial expressions or even body language which is the most deadly for the strongest evidence to me is one that doesn't involve a lot of words. Simply because you can dismiss your emotions with the correct words, but your body language almost always give you away to your real feelings. I'm not saying that the people whom I had confided in are not trustworthy. I'm only pointing out that sometimes it makes you wonder whether there is a fly on the wall spying on you and collecting juicy informations without your knowledge. Something like what a spyware does on your computer. Are the walls too thin that spoken thoughts simply seeps through them? So what's the lesson behind all this? Confess nothing, say nothing, hold on to your facade if you want your secret to remain well, a secret.
"Secrets are made to be found out with time." ~ Charles Sanford
9 years ago
3 comments:
whoa babe. where's all this coming from?
inside my head, haha
hei there, i like this one.
Post a Comment