CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

a day out with old friends

My reunion with a few of my school friends today was quite an eye-opener for me. I do miss them and i was looking forward to this little outing since we haven't seen each other for a while. I was supposed to meet them at Pavilion for lunch so since i had to get a ride with my cousin to the lrt station at 10 am, i went to Klcc first to meet with a friend. Plus, i needed to go to Kinokuniya to get the book i pre-ordered. Yay, i have Breaking Dawn, the final book of the twilight mania! They called me on Sunday to inform me that the book has arrived which was weird because i had a dream the night before that i went there to get the last two books. Anyway, i can't read it yet because the third book hasn't come in so i'm trying very hard to resist the temptation.

Okay, back to my main focus. My friend and i watched 'Yes, man' at the cinema around noon after we had lunch. Yes, it was an early lunch as both of us kind of missed breakfast. The movie was so hilarious, i think i didn't stop laughing till the end, especially the part where Jim Carrey played the guitar and sang that song at the window. I don't remember how long has it been since i laugh that much. It was quite exhilirating, i really needed a good laugh. We went to Pavilion after the movie and met with the others at Starbucks. It was nice of them to wait for us there before lunch 'cause by the time we reached there it was already 3.30. We got to talking and did some catching up; it was nice to see my friend from Hong Kong (i haven't seen her in a year, i think). They have totally changed in appearance as well as behaviour. They're umm....more bold i guess in the way they dress, and i couldn't believe at first that my high school best friend smokes. I know that a lot of girls smoke now, heck most of my school friends do, it's hardly a deviant behaviour, but i hope, at least that she wouldn't succumb to this so-called fad. I was totally shocked when she ordered a cocktail when they had the bubbly. The waiter asked for ID of course, and she and my other friend showed him. He was looking at me, and i was like "yeah, we're the same age" and he's like "you look younger than the other two". And then i said, "yeah, i know. you can check my ID if you like" then he just said never mind. It's not like i wanted to order a drink, for heaven's sake. I wasn't brought up that way, sheesh! I don't know what happened to the girl i have known since standard 1. She is most definitely not the same girl. I'm glad that i'm different, that i'm not on the same path as theirs. I know i should have said something when they were ordering the drink but i don't want them to think i'm a prude. We're extremely different people now. I'm so thankful for that. I don't like being looked at the way people look at them as they passed us by. We may still have some stuff in common, i don't doubt that. But, i realized that i don't lose anything for not having every thing in common anymore. In fact, i don't mind at all.

"Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose"

0 comments: