Time: 10.45 pm
Location: Cinema
Location: Cinema
I confess i'm not a Trekkie. I'm not a fan of the series. I didn't know the names of the main characters until I watched the movie. BUT, i somehow did know that the spacecraft that Captain Kirk flies is called the U.S.S Enterprise which was odd. Hmm....maybe that name was stored somewhere in my memory when I was randomly flipping through the channels and stopped at this programme called 'Star Trek'. Yeah, i could definitely recall that moment where i sat in front of the tv and thought to myself "what the heck am i watching?". These people were dressed in funny outfits, some had pointy ears and funny hairdos, and a few didn't even look human. When it finally showed the spaceship, i guess that was when the name kind of went into my head. And then i remembered i changed the channel because i wasn't going to watch this slow, boring show. This is based on my memory, am not so sure about how it really went, but i think i got most of the details right. I think..haha.
So, you must be wondering why in the world did i even bother to go and watch this film. Well, i've got two words - Chris Pine. Yes, i'm aware that most if not all Star Trek fans might think that my reason is lousy, but i really don't care. I went to see it because i've never seen Chris on the big screen. I've watched 3 of his movies either through DVD, Astro, or local tv channel. Obviously this was one opportunity i wasn't going to miss and i'm totally glad i didn't because the film was entertaining. Imagine that, 2 hours in the cinema watching Star Trek. Come to think of it, i can't believe i sat through the entire movie without a glance at my watch until it ended. So, what i'm trying to imply here is that the film is worth seeing and if you haven't seen it yet then get your butt off the chair (this applies to those who are sitting only) and go to the nearest theater and buy yourself a ticket. Seriously, the director and screenwriter did a fantastic job; there was humor, action, drama, and romance present. Last but not least, Chris Pine as the young, carefree, funny, extremely good-looking Captain Kirk. Need i say more?
The guy on the left (Shatner) is the 'original' Captain Kirk. Most Trekkie purists prefer him although i prefer the one on the right a million times better!"Kirk: So what type of combat training do you have?
Hikaru Sulu: Fencing."

0 comments:
Post a Comment