I'm turning a year older this week, on friday around 1-ish am to be exact. It's funny how when I was 12 I couldn't wait to be 16 for I wanted my princess-y sweet 16 party. And now when I'm already passed that age and gotten that soiree', I'm looking forward to be 21, I have no idea why. Okay, that's a lie. Actually I do know the reason but I'd rather keep that to myself. My last birthday bash was 3 years ago and it was a masquarade + slumber party and I haven't had that lavish birthday bash since then. I can excuse the year 2007 for it was SPM year. My 18th birthday was celebrated in college with my college mates at about a few minutes passed midnight with the guard knocking at my door a couple of times giving us warnings to be quiet. Not exactly a party in the true sense of the word but I was touched by the gesture nonetheless and very thankful to them and my room-mate especially for organizing it.
So, this year, I thought since I'm flying off next August (Insyaallah), and probably unable to celebrate my birthday with my family and friends here, I should plan one. My last birthday shindig that marks the final year of my being a teenager. It's nothing fancy since it's the fasting month and I just wanted it to be small and intimate. I still haven't figure out the details such as activities, where we're going to break our fasts, things like that. I also realized that not many of them can make it since they live quite far from my home but I do hope most can come though, sigh. I thought of inviting my high school crowd, but I don't think my house can fit all of them. Plus, I don't think I can see how I'm able to contain any ruckus that's bound to be inevitable should they all agreed to come. There's the Ramadhan month that I have to consider and respect. Not to mention, they are opposites of my college bunch which might not be such a good idea to bring them together under one roof. Hmm...thankfully, 2 of my friends are planning this gathering as a celebration of a combination of our birthdays in the next 2 weeks. Phew, thank god for that. I was already feeling guilty. Can't wait for Friday!
"Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest."
9 years ago
3 comments:
aichec...ade sebut statistic lak..
mentang2 nak amik next sem.ehhe
haha.nk join juga :)
ara, ur parents kasi ke? kan derang pretty strict?
alyaa, haha it's just a quote babe. nothing else. :p
Post a Comment